Sunday, January 11, 2009

Arrgh!, or, New Year's Resolutions

I have never, in my life frogged out anything more than once and started over. I'm lazy, and will sacrifice a wrong stitch here and there for not repeating the last hour's-worth of work... Until this Vine Lace Baby Hat pattern. The first time I did this pattern, I read through it once, grabbed some yarn, got out some dpns and did it. Just like that. Being that it's lace on dpns, there were times I'd have to go back and frog out nearly a needle's stitches (27 per needle x 3 needles), but not more than that. It took maybe 8 hours total. This time around, I'm (so far) on attempt number four. Arrgh! Which brings me to New Year's Resolutions.

Not that I generally make any. Oh, yeah, there's the constant, "Maybe I should organize this place!" and, "I should work out more, stress less, aim to be happier, kinder, etc." But those don't really count.

1) This year, I will frog when necessary. Really.
2) I will make guage swatches for the things that need them. (I never have before. Ever. ...but I'm thinking that it counts a lot more for sweaters than for ponchos).
3) I will take my knitting with me and be caught KIPing. (Ooh! Shopping trip for a purse big enough to contain a small knitting project? I think so...)
4) Regardelss of demands for charity projects and gifts, I will whittle my current projects down until I only have two projects on the needles. And keep it that way.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, yayyyy!!! I'm so happy to see a new post from you (yes, I obsessively check your blog, please don't call the cops).

    Second - KIPing is awesome. I have a big red knitting bag that I carry with me everywhere. Never know when there will be time to knit.

    Finally, you're a brave woman for resolving to have only two projects at a time. Brave, I say. Can't wrap my mind around it.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good resolutions, I think. I wonder why the hat is giving you so much trouble?

    I never made gauge swatches when I crocheted ... but I sure had a lot of projects hanging around half-finished when I stopped crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Jenn, those are some serious resolutions - especially the last one! That's kind of like me resolving to only read one book at a time!

    Good luck, kiddo!

    ReplyDelete