Friday, January 30, 2009

das ist der Auto updaten

So, apparently it was some cable that had broken and caused the EML light to come on. I got really good service, got my car back, and it runs great. The anti-theft thing on my radio thinks I'm a bad-guy, though, and I guessed at the magic code and now have to wait until the radio has been on a full hour (consecutively, I'm thinking, since I just tried it yet again and am SURE it had been on for a total of an hour) before I can try the code a third time.

I'm pretty sure they said it was the stability cable, but I told my car-loving friends, some of whom have re-built engines and they looked at me like I was nuts and made a reference to my warp drive. Whatever that is.

But I have car. Tomorrow I will have tires. Yeah - they sold it to me with two bald tires, and I mean bald. I didn't think to check since... who would sell a car with bald tires?!? Some jackasses, that's who. But at least there is car.

3 comments:

  1. Want me to send my husband to yell at the dealership? He'd love to.

    I don't know what the heck a warp cable whoosawhatsy is. Sounds like something for combination knitting/weaving.

    Glad your car's working again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I get a stability cable for mySELF? I'm glad you have a car, whatever it took.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, car is way better than carpool. WAY. BETTER.

    So... Fancy BMWs require Fancy BMW tires... For the price of two tires, I could've replaced all four of the ones on the Civic, AND gotten the oil changed. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete