Friday, November 2, 2012

NaNoWriMo Update - Having Gotten Started

Let me just start by saying, "Wow. This is harder than it looks." There are all these details about my characters and my story I have to keep track of (did my main character just start her thesis? Or just finish her thesis?) and I have to manage tense (when I'm speaking in general, past tense? Or present? Gut says past tense, but that might be work experience trying to take over) and 1667 words per day is a lot of words, and I'm trying to get a good bit over that, in case there's a day in which I can't find time to write. Eek! Stress!

But, at the same time, there's so much great support and encouragement from the community. This is pretty awesome. People are so nice! And I'm totally looking forward to my first-ever write-in tomorrow. I'll take the things, maybe try to wear something hip.

So far, so good. I have some doubts about the Things' ability/desire to complete their stories, but hopefully they'll prove me wrong. It would be so awesome to see them finish their stories, even if they don't meet their word-count goals.

The late-night writing sessions are really messing up my stats.
I'll have to make sure I validate WELL in advance of the deadline.
2am and bed! Well, maybe some A Game of Thrones, and then bed.

1 comment: